Diagnostic Oral Pathology was one of the services provided by the Craniofacial Sciences Laboratory, School of Dental Sciences in its early days. In 2013, the Oral Pathology Laboratory was established as a separate entity, to solely cater for the diagnostic services.
The laboratory is located on the first floor, School of Dental Sciences Building, utilizing the same location and support staff from the Craniofacial Sciences Laboratory. In general, the service provided is routine histopathological examination (HPE).
In December 2015, the Oral Pathology Laboratory obtained MS ISO 15189 certificate of accreditation for its diagnostic histopathology (oral pathology) service from the Department of Standards Malaysia.
“The Hospital University Sains Malaysia (HUSM) medical laboratories are committed to practice good professionalism and ensure the standard of laboratory services satisfies the expectation of customers in accordance with international standard. The laboratories pledge to maintain and continually improve its quality management system in order to ensure excellence in the provision of the laboratory services and patients’ safety ”.
Diagnostic Histopathology (Oral Pathology)
- Surgical Oral Pathology (Formalin-fixed tissue)
Type of Test
- Histology Examination
Diagnostic services are provided for patients treated at:
Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Klinik Pakar Pergigian (KPP-G)
- Klinik Rawatan Keluarga (Dental) (KRK-G)
- Klinik Pembelajaran Pergigian (Policlinic A,B,C,D)
- Operation theater, wards, clinics and laboratories
- Our laboratory is also ready to receive specimen/slide/tissue block from government hospitals, private hospitals and USAINS.
PAKAR PATOLOGI ORAL/ PAKAR PATOLOGI
1. Dr. Masitah Hayati Harun (
2. Dr. Nurhayu Ab. Rahman (
KAUNTER PENERIMAAN SPESIMEN :
09-7675780 / 5781